Dr. Who/David Tennant

http

Monday, October 20, 2008

Great Sadness--end of a digital era

It is with great sadness and heartache that I announce that 3Scrapateers.com is closing it's doors on October 31st. It has been my digi home for over 4 years now. I have created over 1200 layouts for them in that time. It will be a difficult adjustment. I am really just not sure what to do at this point.

So much has happened in that time. I am still not completely confidant in my skills as a digi-scrapper even though I have won contests and been published. I still have an eccletic style that probably won't be seen as an asset. I like to find unique ways of using a kit. Ways it wasn't designed for. Like using Christmas kits for birthday's or portraits; Easter kits for baby showers. Boy kits for girly photos and more. I have been scrapping the mundane/normal everyday things since before it was popular in the scrapbooking world.

I do plan to work on my photoshop skills. Maybe I can continue to create layouts and albums for other people. Maybe that will go digi as well. Who knows. But for now I will mourn the loss of a family member. 3Scrapateers was loved by my children as well who also can't believe it is closing it's doors.

A moment of silence for the digi-community that has been my home away from home. We will love and miss you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment