9 months ago
Thursday, February 19, 2009
My Blog Won!
What a cool award! I was so surprised to see my blog won something. It's nice to have friends that nominate you for such wonderful things. Here is what this award says:
"The Premio Dardos is given in "recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."
The award was bestowed upon me my by Major Tigger Scraps who got it from With a Russian/Dutch Heart. A word about Major Tigger Scraps blog, as I can't give her the same award twice...She would be my first choice. She is the epitome of this award. She is brilliant in mind and art, and a wonderful friend to boot! I have seen her work in person on Sets for theater, altered art, and now her digital work has far surpassed what I would expect to be seen in a digital art store for sale. She is a truth seeker, a great mother and I love her dearly. I salute you Major Tigger Scraps! You are an honored and trusted friend. *huggs*
I have been asked to link back to the website that nominated me (which I have and is a permanent sidelink) as well as choose 5 new blogs who fit this description and send them the award as well. Since my best friend and favorite blog has already accepted her award, here are my other 5 (in no particular order!!!):
1. Bon Scrapatitdesigns: Linda has been an online friend and digi-scrapper for years now. I am so proud of her becoming a designer and for her lovely work and blog. She sure can write! She also has beautiful designs, so be sure to leave her some love! She is an amazing lady!
2. Britt-ish Designs: Who wouldn't love a blogger who loves Disney and has such a fun way of writing about things? She also has adorable designs, and I just love her work! Thanks Britt for giving us a positive upbeat outlook and colorful design ideas.
3. Spoonful of Sugar by Jessica Acs is another of my favorite blogs to turn to. She always has the most amazing mini albums, gorgeous paper ideas, and fabulous photos on her blog. Take time to really look at her photos, she has gorgeous photography.....I need a new camera! :) I can't wait to get her book either (payday is coming!!!!)
4. Journal Revolution (the Art Army website) is another of my absolute must haves. They blog about everything and make me laugh, cry and think about the world we live in...They are sisters who have written books together and do super cool altered art projects. They definitely deserve this award! Talk about fun and fearless--Viva la Revolucion!
5. Last and certainly NOT least I want to give this award to Deanna Patterson of Shabby Scraps Design. She picked me up when I was down and gave me something to DO! Her blog is full of beauty and fun. I hope you will enjoy it too. Thanks for believing in me Deanna! Thanks for making gorgeous digital art for us to preserve our memories with!
Now if ya'll would please link back to the blog that passed the award to you (that's me, lol) and then pass it on to five other blogs, we can keep this blog award moving forward. Be sure to check out the blogs that have it already too. Have fun!!!