Dr. Who/David Tennant

http

Friday, January 29, 2010

Altered Art--Today's subject--Bags

I saw a challenge to go to the Dollar Store and purchase a bag then alter it. I found a few interesting bags there but choose this one with fish in what looks like a pond shape...Here is the before photo:



Close up of the fishies:



I took Pearl Ex powder and put it on the water area -- it is tough to tell from the photos, but it gives a nice shimmer. I used a toothpick and a plastic knife to put gold liquid beads on the fish. Once that was dry I added the green rhinestones for the eyes. Using Diamond Glaze I made little bubbles coming from the fish. I took flower petals and put them together to make a lotus blossom and fixed it to the "pond" using a gold brad. I finished the bag off with beaded trim at the top.

I was thinking of putting flowers on the handles but I couldn't find the flowers I know I have. Another thought for the handles was to use a flower lei, but I think they all got used for something else. Here are the finished pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment